What is the meaning of explain?
explain, expound, explicate, elucidate, interpret mean to make something clear or understandable. explain implies a making plain or intelligible what is not immediately obvious or entirely known.
What is the difference between elaboration and illustration?
As nouns the difference between elaboration and illustration is that elaboration is drawing up, putting together, creation while illustration is illustration.
What is a good sentence for elaborate?
Examples of elaborate in a Sentence The dancers were wearing elaborate costumes. He told the story in elaborate detail.
What are some elaboration techniques?
Elaboration: 7 Writing Strategies
- Describe a Place in Detail.
- Use Specific Words to Paint Pictures.
- Show How Something Feels, Smells, Tastes, Sounds or Looks.
- Compare Two Different Things Through Simile or Metaphor.
- Use the Exact Thoughts or Words from a Person.
- Describe How Someone or Something Moves.
Is elaborative a word?
adjective Serving or tending to elaborate; constructing with labor and minute attention to details.
How do you say elaborate?
Here are 4 tips that should help you perfect your pronunciation of ‘elaborate’:
- Break ‘elaborate’ down into sounds: [I] + [LAB] + [UH] + [RUHT] – say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them.
- Record yourself saying ‘elaborate’ in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen.
What does marionette mean?
English Language Learners Definition of marionette : a puppet that is moved by pulling strings or wires that are attached to its body.
What is a elaboration sentence?
Definition of Elaboration. the addition of more detail to what has already been said or written. Examples of Elaboration in a sentence. 1. Elaboration on the topic will help me better understand what it takes to complete an electrical circuit.
What is the difference between elaborate and explain?
The difference between Elaborate and Explain. When used as verbs, elaborate means to develop in detail or complexity, whereas explain means to make plain, manifest, or intelligible. Elaborate is also adjective with the meaning: complex, detailed, or sophisticated.
What does elaboration mean?
Elaboration is the act of adding more information to existing information to create a more complex, emergent whole. It can be defined as adding details or “expanding on” an idea. Elaboration enhances ideas and objects by providing nuance and detail.
What is a good elaboration?
Elaboration is the process of presenting and developing an idea. Elaboration is also adding more detail to better explain what has already been said. In Informational, elaboration means to explain the main idea in depth using key details that also describe or develop the topic.
What is elaborate drink?
Definitions for Elaborate (adjective) made or done with great care or with much detail. (adjective) including many small descriptive features. (adjective) having many parts or aspects that are usually interrelated.
How do you write a good explanation sentence?
There are many writing tips available for those looking to craft better sentences:
- Keep it simple. Long sentences or overly complex sentences don’t necessarily make sophisticated sentence writing.
- Use concrete rhetoric.
- Employ parallelism.
- Mind your grammar.
- Properly punctuate.
- Practice writing.
What is an example of elaboration?
Essentially, elaboration is encoding the original content in a different but related way. There are primarily two kinds of elaboration: visual and verbal. For example, to learn the pair “cow-ball” a person could form a visual image of a cow kicking a ball.
What are some elaboration starters?
Elaboration starters will most likely be used in the body of your paper (your reasons paragraphs – 2-3 or 4).
- I remember the time…
- My favorite time…
- The best time….
- For example…
- One time…
- In particular…
How do you use elaborate?
elaborate (on/upon something) He said he was resigning but did not elaborate on his reasons. elaborate something She went on to elaborate her argument….
- Let me briefly elaborate on this.
- They refused to elaborate on the reasons for their decision.
- This point will be elaborated further in the next chapter.
How can I improve my 6th grade writing skills?
In order to build writing skills, your 6th grader:
- Use supporting claims and evidence based on credible texts and resources.
- Include an introduction, a conclusion, and transitions.
- Integrate other forms of media and formats, such as graphs, charts, headings, audio, or video when appropriate.
What are some elaboration words?
Common Transitional Words and Phrases
- cause and effect: consequently, therefore, accordingly, as a result, because, for this reason, hence, thus.
- sequence: furthermore, in addition, moreover, first, second, third, finally, again, also, and, besides, further, in the first place, last, likewise, next, then, too.
How can I improve my middle school writing skills?
While a good school and good teachers are paramount to writing mastery, there are many ways you can help your children enjoy and improve their writing.
- Give positive feedback.
- Incorporate writing into family activities.
- Don’t rush writing.
- Get extra help.
What are elaboration techniques?
An elaboration strategy is where the student uses elements of what is to be learned and expands them. The student expands the target information by relating other information to it (ex. creating a phrase, making an analogy). Analogies, for example, are rather complex ways of connecting information.
Can you please elaborate meaning?
To say more about someone or something. Can you elaborate on that? I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to do there.
What verb is elaborate?
elaborate. 1[intransitive, transitive] to explain or describe something in a more detailed way elaborate (on/upon something) He said he was resigning but did not elaborate on his reasons.
How can I improve my child’s writing skills?
Before getting started
- Provide a place.
- Provide the materials.
- Encourage the child to draw and to discuss her drawings.
- Ask your child to tell you simple stories as you write them down.
- Encourage your child to write her name.
- Use games.
- Turn your child’s writing into books.
What means illustrate?
transitive verb. 1a : to provide with visual features intended to explain or decorate illustrate a book. b : to make clear by giving or by serving as an example or instance.
What is a term for giving additional or more detailed information about a topic?
Enrich, enhance, embellish, ameliorate, or perfect would do. It depends on the precise context, but you might want to consider expand (on). I’d use flesh out, especially for a definition that is being expanded with additional semantics.
What are the 7 types of elaboration?
This time we will look at elaboration methods that you can use to help students understand and remember….Mnemonics
- Keywords. Remember word pairs, either verbal or visual.
- Word and Picture.
- Words to Numbers.
What is explanation and examples?
The definition of an explanation is something that clarifies or makes clear. An example of an explanation is telling how rain forms. noun.
What does account mean?
record of money received and money paid out