What is the first body paragraph?
The first paragraph of the body should contain the strongest argument, most significant example, cleverest illustration, or an obvious beginning point. The topic for this paragraph should be in the first or second sentence. This topic should relate to the thesis statement in the introductory paragraph.
How hard is it to get into Kilachand Honors College?
BU is getting more academically competitive. For the class of 2021, students averaged in the top 7% of their high school classes with students in the University Honors Program averaging in the top 3% of their high school classes. 25% of applicants were accepted—a record low.
What is the body of an essay called?
The body paragraphs are the part of an essay, report, or speech that explains and develops the main idea (or thesis). They come after the introduction and before the conclusion.
What are some good topic sentence starters?
Here are some examples:
- Topic Sentence: There are many reasons why pollution in ABC Town is the worst in the world.
- The topic is “pollution in ABC Town is the worst in the world” and the controlling idea is “many reasons.”
What is the 3 parts of paragraph?
Every paragraph in the body of an essay consists of three main parts: a topic sentence, some supporting sentences, and a concluding sentence.
How do you write a good body paragraph for an essay?
- Strong Body Paragraphs. A strong body paragraph explains, proves, and/or supports your paper’s argumentative claim or thesis statement.
- INSERT A TOPIC SENTENCE:
- EXPLAIN YOUR TOPIC SENTENCE:
- INTRODUCE YOUR EVIDENCE:
- INSERT YOUR EVIDENCE:
- UNPACK YOUR EVIDENCE:
- EXPLAIN YOUR EVIDENCE:
- INSERT A CONCLUDING SENTENCE:
What is an example of a body paragraph?
Examples of Body Paragraph: The following body paragraph might appear in an essay about why a school should use uniforms for students. If students in our school were required to wear uniforms, instances of bullying and teasing would decrease.
What is a 2 body paragraph?
Body paragraphs are the middle paragraphs that lie between the introduction and conclusion. The body paragraphs typically have: Topic Sentence & (possibly) Transition. Supporting Information. Conclusion Sentence & (possibly) Transition.
What words can I use to start a paragraph?
Transition Words for Each Argument
|Words to Show Contrast||Words to Add to an Idea||Words That Show Cause|
|although||moreover||as a result|
|in contrast||as well as||consequently|
What is the first sentence in a body paragraph called?
How do you write a 3 body paragraph?
The Second, Third and Fourth Paragraphs: Supporting Details
- First, write a topic sentence that summarizes your point.
- Next, write your argument, or why you feel the topic sentence is true.
- Finally, present your evidence (facts, quotes, examples, and statistics) to support your argument.