How do you use have had in one sentence?
We use have had in the present perfect when the main verb is also “have”:
- I’m not feeling well. I have had a headache all day.
- She has had three children in the past five years.
- We have had some problems with our computer systems recently.
- He has had two surgeries on his back.
What are examples of had?
Had sentence example
- They had two adopted children already.
- Certainly she had been under a lot of stress.
- A nearby steeple had been broken off short and the fragments lay heaped beside it.
- All the papers had been signed and the money provided.
- Would she ever outgrow the things mama had taught her?
When should I use in and on?
English speakers use in to refer to a general, longer period of time, such as months, years, decades, or centuries. For example, we say “in April,” “in 2015” or “in the 21st century.” Moving to shorter, more specific periods of time, we use on to talk about particular days, dates, and holidays .
Are and is Examples?
If the noun is singular, use is. If it is plural or there is more than one noun, use are. The cat is eating all of his food. The cats are eating all of their food.
What are the basic rules of writing?
10 Simple Rules For Good Writing
- Express, not impress.
- Simple sentences work best.
- Active, rather than passive.
- Know who your target audience is.
- Read it aloud.
- Avoid using jargon as much as possible.
- In terms of words, size matters.
- Being positive is better than being negative–even in writing!
What are the five sentences?
Study the following sentences.
- They have received the parcel.
- She has returned. (
- You have done a good job. (
- They have accepted the offer. (
- She has declined the offer. (
- The offer has been declined by her. (
- She has been reprimanded. (
What should I use instead of had?
What is another word for had?
Is it an hour or a hour?
For those words that are written with the first letter as a consonant, but which are pronounced with the first letter as a vowel, such as “hour” and “herb,” the correct way to present them in a written document (e.g. your scientific manuscript written in American English) is: “An hour” and “An herb.”
Why are is used with you?
The simplest is that “are” is the form of “to be” used for first person plural, third person plural, and both plural and singular in second person (with you). Thus, “are” with a singular “you” is also singular. It just looks exactly like the plural form. The other answer is that “you” is always plural.
What is A and an called?
a/an, the. The determiners a/an and the are called “articles”. They are the most common of all determiners. They come at the very beginning of a noun phrase.
What is the grammar rule for A and an?
The two indefinite articles in English are a and an. The indefinite article an is used to make pronunciation easier when reading a text aloud. The general rule is to use a when the indefinite article precedes a word beginning with a consonant sound and an when it precedes a word starting with a vowel sound.
What are the rules of had?
The formula for the past perfect tense is had + [past participle]. It doesn’t matter if the subject is singular or plural; the formula doesn’t change.
What are the three most important rules of writing?
The Most Important Rules of Writing
- Rule One: Develop a thesis statement.
- Rule Two: Develop an outline.
- Rule Three: Write in a formal language style as opposed to informal.
- Rule Four: Be precise in word choice.
- Rule Five: Do not write in first or second person.
- Rule Six: Be concise.
- Rule Seven: Cite your sources.
How can I use being in a sentence?
Uses of being
- Being can be followed by a past participle. This structure is used in the passive forms of present and past continuous tenses.
- Being late, he couldn’t watch the show.
- Being a friend of the Minister, I am often invited to official parties.
- Being quite slim, I managed to squeeze through the small opening in the wall.
What is the best grammar checker app?
Here’s our collection of the best grammar checker apps in the market today.
- White Smoke.
- After The Deadline.
- Hemingway Editor.
What are common grammatical errors?
10 Common Grammar Mistakes Writers Should Avoid
- 1 Overuse of adverbs.
- 2 Too many prepositional phrases.
- 3 Ambiguous (“Squinting”) modifiers.
- 4 Misuse of lie/lay.
- 5 Ambiguous pronoun references.
- 6 Comma splices.
- 7 Run-on sentences.
- 8 Wordiness (inflated sentences)
Where do we use had?
If you have a sentence in the past tense well it’s good news, because no matter what subject you have, you will always use had. So here They had a car. That means they don’t have a car now – They had a car in the past. But we’re using had because it’s in the past tense.
What are some good hooks for an argumentative essay?
7 Types of Essay Hooks
- Interesting Question Hook.
- Strong Statement/Declaration Hook.
- Fact/Statistic Hook.
- Metaphor/ Simile Hook.
- Story Hook.
- Description Hook.
- Quotation Hook.
Can I say we in an essay?
1st Person Plural Avoid using we or us in an essay. This sentence is not so bad, but again it tries to include the reader in the essay. This is fine for books, but for an essay it is artificial and a breach of expected roles. The reader (your marker) should remain a separate and impersonal individual.
Can I say I believe in an essay?
No, you do not need to use the phrase “I believe.” In fact, you should avoid using it, since the “I believe” argument is not very persuasive. Most of your readers will not care what you believe.
Which part of speech is agree?
agree is a verb, agreeable is an adjective, agreement is a noun:I agree with what you say. I agreed that we would have to finish. The weather was very agreeable.
What to say when you are agree?
- I agree with you 100 percent.
- I couldn’t agree with you more.
- That’s so true.
- That’s for sure.
- (slang) Tell me about it!
- You’re absolutely right.
- That’s exactly how I feel.
What should you not do in an argumentative essay?
10 Do’s and Don’ts for Argument Essays
- DO follow assignment guidelines.
- DON’T preface a statement with phrases such as, “I believe,” or “I think.” These expressions only serve to weaken the statement.
- DO take citation style seriously.
- DO attribute all ideas to their source.
- DON’T signpost.
- DO integrate quotes smoothly.
- DON’T use inflated phrases.
Has or have sentence?
Use has when the subject is a singular noun or singular pronoun. Use have when the subject is a plural noun or plural pronoun. The first person singular pronoun ‘I’ also take have.
Has and have example?
Likewise, in the second example, Jacob is a singular noun, so we have used ‘has’ there, but in the second part of the sentence, we have used ‘have’ with the plural noun, i.e. teachers….Comparison Chart.
|Basis for Comparison||Has||Have|
|Examples||She has good market knowledge.||You have good sense of humor.|
Where do we use has and have?
While the verb to have has many different meanings, its primary meaning is “to possess, own, hold for use, or contain.” Have and has indicate possession in the present tense (describing events that are currently happening). Have is used with the pronouns I, you, we, and they, while has is used with he, she, and it.
Do you use first person in an argumentative essay?
In addition to using concrete evidence, you always want to keep the tone of your essay passionate, but impersonal. Even though you’re writing your argument from a single opinion, don’t use first person language—”I think,” “I feel,” “I believe,”—to present your claims.
Is it correct to say I am agree?
“I am agree” is wrong. You can never add “to be” before a verb in English, unless it’s to form the continuous or the passive. “Agree” is a verb, so “I agree” is the only correct phrase.
How do I use one of my?
“One of” is indicating a particular member out of a set with multiple members in it, so it’s correct to use the plural form: “One of my friends.” If you only have one friend total, then you can just say “Yesterday, I met my friend.”
How do you use agreed in a sentence?
Agreed sentence example
- Brandon, we all agreed on those rules.
- He agreed to keep our conversation limited to the two of us and is willing to listen to you.
- We breakfasted and were on the road by the agreed time.
- I agreed to this and I want the baby as much as you do.
What is a fancy word for Agree?
The words coincide and concur are common synonyms of agree.
Can you end an argumentative essay with a question?
End with a Question Just make sure your questions are relevant to the main point of the argumentative essay and ensure they are crafted in a manner that strengthens your argument or point of view.
What can I say instead of I believe?
What is another word for I believe?
|in my judgmentUS||in my judgementUK|
|I imagine||I understand|
|I envisage||I suspect|
|I assume||I estimate|
|I reckon||I expect|
What can I say instead of i agree?
Ways of expressing agreement:
- That’s right/You’re right/I know: used when agreeing with someone:
- Exactly/Absolutely/I couldn’t agree more: used for saying that you completely agree with someone:
- You can say that again/You’re telling me: a more informal way of saying that you completely agree with someone: