How do you say your opinion without using I?
Informal English Phrases
- “In my opinion, + [your sentence]”
- “I believe that + [your sentence]”
- “In my mind, + [your sentence]”
- “It would seem that + [your sentence]”
- “It could be argued that + [your sentence]”
- “This suggests that + [your sentence]”
- “This proves that + [your sentence]”
How do you politely advice someone?
5 Simple ways to give advice in English
- Use a modal verb. There are two modal verbs we often use for giving advice: ‘should’ and ‘ought to’.
- Make it into a question.
- Put yourself in the person’s position.
- Make a suggestion.
- Advise in a stronger way.
Why Giving advice is bad?
Giving advice stops others from learning and growing. You are assuming that they don’t have the personal resources to find answers within themselves. This stops the other person from taking the time to look within and listen to themselves, or even find their own resources at all.
What is meant by discuss in an assignment?
To “discuss,” in assignment language, means to make a broad argument about a set of arguments you have studied.
What are some good questions?
Break the ice and get to know people better by selecting several of these get-to-know-you questions.
- Who is your hero?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your favorite family vacation?
- What would you change about yourself if you could?
- What really makes you angry?
How do you respond to bad advice?
Here are six ways to respond to unhelpful advice, ranked in order of assertiveness:
- “I’ll think about that.”
- “Good idea.
- “That’s an interesting opinion, but I prefer to do it this way.”
- “I’m not looking for any advice right now.”
- “That’s not actually in line with my values.”
- “I’m not going to do that.”
Why is giving advice important?
Seeking and giving advice are central to effective leadership and decision making. Those who give advice effectively wield soft influence—they shape important decisions while empowering others to act. As engaged listeners, they can also learn a lot from the problems that people bring them.
How do you write a good discussion response?
How to Write a Strong Discussion Post [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Do your homework.
- Read prompts carefully.
- Wake up your classmates with a strong argument or perspective.
- Be relevant.
- Bring something unique to the post.
- Prepare your response in a text editor (like Word) before you post.
- Leave participants wanting more.
What to say when you don’t agree with someone?
Five useful ways to disagree politely in English
- “I see what you’re saying but…”
- “I understand where you’re coming from, but…”
- “That’s a valid point, but…”
- “I’m sorry but I disagree with you about this.”
What can I say instead of my opinion?
USEFUL EXPRESSIONS TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION
- In my opinion, In my eyes.
- To my mind, As far as I am concerned.
- From my point of view, As for me / As to me.
- My view / opinion / belief / impression / conviction is that
- I would say that
- My impression is that
- I have the feeling that
- I have no doubt that …
How do you comfort someone over text?
Comforting Texts When Someone Dies
- I have no words… But I want you to know I love you and am here for you.
- Oh friend! I just heard about [name], I’m so sorry!
- I heard about [name] and want you to know I am thinking of you in this difficult time.
- Dear friend!
- I just heard about [name], I’m so sorry for your loss!
How do you make someone feel special?
Give them a special gift. Put something you know they like in their nightstand drawer where they will find it. It will be a welcome and special surprise. It does not have to be anything major, just a gesture that you were thinking of them and wanted them to feel special.
How do you give someone advice?
Here’s the best way to give advice:
- Tell a story. Dry information and stats don’t inspire people to make a change or listen to you.
- Chunk it down.
- Have a good structure.
- Be respectful.
- Get to the point.
- Make it inspirational.
- Use your own experience.
- Relate your advice back to their problem.
How do you express opinions effectively?
The Best Way to Offer An Opinion On Anything
- First, make sure that the situation warrants an opinion.
- Ask yourself if you’re the best person for the job.
- Start by listening politely.
- Think before you speak.
- Make sure you have all the facts.
- Say what you think in a detailed, straightforward manner.
- Use “I” statements.
- Provide the reasons for your point of view.
How do you write a discussion?
Give your interpretations
- Identifying correlations, patterns and relationships among the data.
- Discussing whether the results met your expectations or supported your hypotheses.
- Contextualizing your findings within previous research and theory.
- Explaining unexpected results and evaluating their significance.
What can I say instead of i agree?
Ways of expressing agreement:
- That’s right/You’re right/I know: used when agreeing with someone:
- Exactly/Absolutely/I couldn’t agree more: used for saying that you completely agree with someone:
- You can say that again/You’re telling me: a more informal way of saying that you completely agree with someone:
How do you ask and give an opinion?
Expression of asking and giving opinion….2. Asking Opinions:
- What do you think/reckon?
- do you see what I’m getting at?
- Do you know/see what I mean?
- Do you agree with me?
- Would you go along with that?
- Would you agree with me that … ?
- What are your thoughts on that?
- Don’t you think (that) … ?
How do you respond to someone’s opinion?
Response Ideas for Difference of Opinions “While I don’t agree with your view on this topic, I will respectfully disagree and hope that you take the time to research and open your mind to the current state of our nation.” “Do you mind if I express why I feel completely opposite about your stance on this topic?”
How do you ask someone their opinion of you?
Asking for Opinions
- Do you think … ?
- How do you feel about … ?
- In your opinion, … ?
- Please tell me your opinion on …
- What do you think about … ?
- What’s your opinion on … ?
What do you say to unwanted advice?
If someone has been giving you unsolicited advice for weeks, months, or years, try saying something like, “I often feel like you try to help in ways that show you don’t trust me to help myself,” or “I will ask for advice if I need to, but I need you to let me talk about this without trying to help.”
What phrases can I use to start a discussion?
- Useful phrases for discussions.
- Asking about or for an opinion.
- Could you tell me ….? What do you think about/of ….? What’s your opinion about …? Do you think/feel ….?
- Asking for an explanation.
- Could you explain to me ….? Could someone please tell me ….? Just tell me the reason why ….?
- Giving your opinion.
What is an example of discussion?
Discussion is defined as talking or writing about something, especially in order to solve a problem or resolve a question. An example of a discussion is when two or more people disagree and decide to sit down and talk out their different opinions.
How do I stop unwanted advice?
How to Stop Giving Unsolicited Advice
- Recognize that not everyone needs fixing. There’s a difference between improving systems and improving people.
- Develop emotional awareness. Emotions are not the enemy.
- Just listen.
- Ask questions.
- Boost their confidence.
- Ask for permission.
- Share with caution.
How do you comfort someone?
How Do We Comfort Someone?
- 1. “ Witness their feelings”
- Affirm that their feelings make sense.
- Draw out their feelings inorder to better understand what they feel.
- Don’t minimize their pain or focus only on cheering them up.
- Offer physical affection if appropriate.
- Affirm your support and commitment.
How do you start a formal group discussion?
- Model the behavior and attitudes you want group members to employ.
- Use encouraging body language and tone of voice, as well as words.
- Give positive feedback for joining the discussion.
- Be aware of people’s reactions and feelings, and try to respond appropriately.
- Ask open-ended questions.
- Control your own biases.
How do you start a group discussion sample?
There are different techniques to initiate a GD in order to make a remarkable first impression:
- Quotes. An effective way of initiating a GD.
- Definition. One can start a GD by defining the topic or an important term in the topic.
- Shocking statement.
- Facts figures and statistics.
- Short story.
- General statement.
How do you accept advice from others?
Advice on Taking Advice
- Listen Before You Speak – This is great advice whether you are getting advice or not.
- Don’t Space Off – When getting advice you need not to space off.
- Always Thank The Person For The Advice – A good thing to get in the habit of doing is to thank anybody for giving you some advice.