How do you reference in a project report?
Book: online / electronic
- Author/Editor (if it is an editor always put (ed.)
- Title (this should be in italics)
- Series title and number (if part of series)
- Edition (if not the first edition)
- Place of publication (if there is more than one place listed, use the first named)
- Year of publication.
What can you put if your citation has more than three authors?
For works with three or more authors, include the last name of the first author followed by et al (see the MLA Handbook p. 116 for more information). For example: Marscot et al.
How do you write an APA reference page?
What are the key rules of creating an APA References list?
- Center the word “References” in bold font at the top of a new page.
- Double spacing is used throughout this page.
- Alphabetize entries by authors’ last names.
- Create a hanging indent for each individual source you add to the list.
What is a working reference page?
A works cited page is a list of the works that you referenced in the body of your paper, whereas a bibliography is a list of all sources you used in your research.
How many references should you have?
Typical job seekers should have three to four references, while those seeking more senior positions should consider listing five to seven, experts suggest. And be sure to list your strongest reference first.
What should a work cited page look like?
Format of the Works Cited page The layout is similar to the rest of an MLA format paper: Title the page Works Cited, centred and in plain text (no italics, bold or underline). Alphabetize the entries by the author’s last name. Include a header with your last name and the page number in the top right corner.
What is reference in Project report?
Each time you quote or write a passage inspired my something you might have read elsewhere, you must include a source reference – this applies to books, newspapers, magazines, websites, etc. This also applies to your own previous work, such as something you might have written yourself in previous projects. …
How do you paraphrase a journal article with two authors?
- (Author Surname & Author Surname, Year)
- In-Text Citation (Quotation):
- (Author Surname & Author Surname, Year, page number)
- Author Surname, First Initial. Second Initial., & Author Surname, First Initial. Second.
- Initial. (Year).
- In-Text Citation (Paraphrase):
How do you write bibliography?
Collect this information for each Web Site:
- author name.
- title of the publication (and the title of the article if it’s a magazine or encyclopedia)
- date of publication.
- the place of publication of a book.
- the publishing company of a book.
- the volume number of a magazine or printed encyclopedia.
- the page number(s)
How do you order references?
Order: Entries should be arranged in alphabetical order by authors’ last names. Sources without authors are arranged alphabetically by title within the same list. The references are arranged alphabetically, by the last name of the first author or, if author is not available – by title.
How do I write references in IEEE format?
The three main parts of a reference are as follows: • Author’s name listed as first initial of first name, then full last. Title of article, patent, conference paper, etc., in quotation marks. Title of journal or book in italics. This system allows the reader to identify the information source at a glance.
How a reference list should look?
A reference list is arranged alphabetically by author. If an item has no author, it is cited by title, and included in the alphabetical list using the first significant word of the title. A reference list is generally placed at the end of a work. Commas are used to separate each item of the reference/citation.
How do you write a reference page for a paper?
Start a new page and title your list Reference. Then list in alphabetical order all the sources that you have cited in the paper….Remember
- “References” is centered at the top of the page.
- Double spacing is used throughout.
- Use a hanging indent, so that the first line is at the margin and all following lines are indented.
How do you cite an article with two authors?
- 2 Authors: Always cite both authors’ names in-text everytime you reference them. Example: Johnson and Smith (2009) found…
- 6 or More Authors: If a document has six or more authors, simply provide the last name of the first author with “et al.” from the first citation to the last. Example: Thomas et al.
How do you write a reference page?
What to Include on a Reference List
- Include the reference’s full contact information. List their full name, title, and company in addition to their street address, phone, and email.
- Include your contact information.
- Add a title to the page.
- Be consistent with your formatting.
- Check for accuracy.
How do you cite an article published online ahead of print?
If an article has been published online ahead of the print version, you can use the year it was published online, and then add the phrase “Advance online publication” prior to the DOI. Note that advance online publications do not have volume, issue, or page numbers.