How can I check my grammar mistakes online?
Online Editor – Grammar Checker. Enter the text that you want to check for grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes; then click the gray button below. Click on underlined words to get a list of proper wording alternatives, suggestions, and explanations.
How do I use then in a sentence?
Then sentence example
- Then he picked up another box.
- Then he turned to do it all in reverse.
- She said something and then rode ahead.
- Alex glanced at Jonathan and then rubbed the top of his head.
- Then she ran straight into the fence – like she didn’t see it.
- Her lower lip pushed out and then she started to cry.
Is this sentence correct grammatically?
In order for a sentence to be grammatically correct, the subject and verb must both be singular or plural. In other words, the subject and verb must agree with one another in their tense. If the subject is in plural form, the verb should also be in plur al form (and vice versa).
How do you use then and than correctly?
The way to keep the pair straight is to focus on this basic difference: than is used when you’re talking about comparisons; then is used when you’re talking about something relating to time. Than is the word to choose in phrases like smaller than, smoother than, and further than.
How do you use then?
Then is also used to indicate what happens or happened next, or what should be done next, as in the following sentences:
- First I went to the store, and then I got gas.
- Finish your homework, and then you can watch TV.
- Turn right at the next street, then turn left at the light.
Can a sentence start with then?
Yes, you can start a sentence with then. However, the clause that begins with then should go last: Then indicates a consequence or a result, which is why it should go at the end of any group of sentences that describe actions that create that consequence.
What is the best free grammar checker?
Grammarly can also be installed as a Mac and Windows desktop app and Android and iOS mobile app. Other useful tools include punctuation, style, tone and plagiarism checkers. Grammarly offers a free version with basic spelling, grammar and punctuation suggestions.
How do you pass an exam?
12 Study Hacks To Pass Exams Without Studying
- Find a work place you prefer: Find a suitable work place that is comfortable and be ready to spend your last minute jitters there.
- Assemble your requirements and ditch your distractions: Be prepared with your paper, notes, text books, water bottle.
What is a good sentence for then?
[M] [T] I ate a burger then went to bed. [M] [T] I wish I had been with her then. [M] [T] She wasn’t dancing with him then. [M] [T] She wasn’t friendly with him then.
Has been or had been?
“Had been” is used to mean that something happened in the past and has already ended. “Have been” and “has been” are used to mean that something began in the past and has lasted into the present time.
How do you write elegantly?
Here are some generally accepted tips on achieving elegance in writing:
- Avoid slang.
- Be careful to avoid spelling and other errors.
- Avoid words without real meaning and words that are used only for emphasis and redundant words or phrases.
- Avoid repetition.
- Simplify your sentences.
- Avoid the floating “this.”
What kind of word is then?
Defining Then Then is commonly used as an adverb, adjective, or noun to indicate time: Will you meet me then? We contacted the then governor of Arkansas.
How do you write a timed essay?
Timed Essays: Top 5 Tips for Writing Academic Papers Under Pressure
- Plan your time wisely.
- Answer the right question.
- Collect your thoughts.
- Leave time to revise.
- Revise your thesis statement before you turn in your paper, so it looks like the conclusion you stumbled across was the one you planned from the start.
How do beginners practice writing?
Creative Writing Exercises for Beginners and Writers
- Writing Prompts. Writing prompts are so helpful when you feel stuck or don’t know what to write about.
- Alphabet Writing Exercise.
- Write a Letter to Your Younger Self.
- Write With Inspiring Images.
- Write from Someone Else’s Perspective.
- Name a Character.
- Write a Story You’ve Heard Before.
- Use a Wikipedia Random Article.
How can I write an essay in exams faster?
Write the essay quickly, using clear, concise sentences. Maintain a clear essay structure to make it easier for the professor or TA to mark: A 1-2 sentence introduction, including a clear thesis statement and a preview of the points. Include key words from the question in your thesis statement.
How can I practice writing essays?
Start Writing Timed Practice Essays
- Come up with a working thesis statement. This will be your main point or position in your essay.
- Sketch out an outline of your major points.
- Write at least three body paragraphs, making one major argumentative point in each one.
- Write your introductory and concluding paragraphs.